When it comes to your little one's curiosity few things will pique their interest than those drawers full of your knick knacks. Baby proof your drawers before they are spilt all over the ground, or worse, pulled out, with it landing on your child's head. With affordable solutions, there is little room for excuses. These solutions are also easy to implement and can be done without any holes in your furniture. If this all sounds like a no brainer, then let's take a look at some options.
Baby Proofing Solutions: How to easily baby proof the drawers in your home?
In this article you will find out:
- Why is so important to baby proof the entire home?
- How to easily baby proof drawers in your home and what are the best products available
Why is so important to baby proof the entire home?
We think of little babies and toddlers when we hear the words "babyproofing" or "childproofing." Babies and young children have the highest risk of being injured at home because that's where they spend most of their time. But accidental injury is the leading cause of death in kids up to 14 years old — and more than a third of these injuries happen at home. Very sad to hear, but also, very true.
This is exactly why all the parents should pay more attention to baby proofing, possibly even before they bring their baby home from the hospital.
Baby proofing is gaining more prominence now that parents have greater access to information on child injury and a greater variety of products to help prevent it. In fact it has become so top of mind for parents, even hotels and kid-friendly resorts are offering "child-proof" rooms. Every day, baby proofing gets even more popular and right now there are many different products available online which will make your life easier and which will help you keep your child safe all the time.
It will give you a peace of mind, a sort of calm that your baby is safe from all the impairment that can be caused at your own home or in the child’s surroundings.
Here is some advice on baby proofing that will help you do it properly. You do not need much energy and money to do it, and it will leave you more precious time to spend with your little one.
- You need to baby proof ALL the rooms in the house. Be prepared to childproof the nursery, bathroom, kitchen, fireplace - any area of your house that poses a threat to your baby.
- Plan ahead. If you are expecting a baby, make sure to buy all the things you need before you bring her home. You will not have enough time to do that later.
- Coffee tables, TV stands, even window ledges offer plenty of sharp corners at eye level for someone 2 feet tall. Scan the room for breakables and move them to where baby can't get them. You'll be amazed by how far up, or over, little ones can actually reach.
- If you are living in a house with stairs, a baby gate is a must. Also, get another baby gate for a fireplace (if you own one) and a pool.
- Remove the glass from the coffee table in your living room.
- Secure bookcases and other tall furniture to the wall with bolts or adjustable, locking furniture straps that attach to the wall and to the object to keep your little one from pulling it over.
- Using soft, fluffy bedding such as pillows, comforters, or sheepskins under your sleeping or napping baby: definitely something you should skip. Your little one can easily choke on these while sleeping or playing.
- Put a non-slip mat in your bath.
- Use cabinet and drawer locks in your kitchen and bathrooms to keep cleaning supplies, knives and other substances out of kid`s hands. Consider having one drawer left unlocked and fill it with baby-friendly plastic bowls or toys so your child can be entertained while you are cooking.
- If possible, buy a few packages of baby-proofing products. You never know when you might need them.
- Try to think like your child does. Curiosity is the main reason why most of the accidents occur, so put yourself in his perspective and you will get a clear image of which areas in your home you should secure.
How to easily baby proof drawers in your home and what are the best products available to buy online?
All of us have many different cabinets and drawers around the house. Starting from the kitchen: Under-sink cabinets are a typical place to store cleaning products. In the living room, we keep all our essentials, while the bathroom is reserved for shampoos, soaps etc. With your baby around, many things need to change.
Now, you will need to move all the cabinets and drawers out of reach. If they must stay in low cabinets, invest in latches and locks to always keep the cabinet doors securely shut. This is probably the best option, because the locks will keep the things out of baby`s reach, and your house will still look nice and tidy. There are plenty of options available to buy online when it comes to locks for drawers. Keep reading, and you will find out which are our favorite!
You are expecting a baby and need to find a durable and practical way to secure all of your cabinets and drawers as well as the other things in your home? Elite Baby Magnetic Locks are what you’re looking for. These locks are the perfect solution for those areas in your house where you keep items that you want to be out of reach for your kids. The installation is so simple and easy. Just install the lock inside the drawer or cabinet and use one of the two powerful magnetic keys to open the lock when needed. In this package you get 8 locks and 2 keys – allowing you to secure multiple locations in your house as well as placing keys throughout the house for easy access when needed. Unlike all the other baby locks and baby latch solutions available on the market, this amazing Elite Baby magnetic set achieves the security you’re looking for without sacrificing the look and style of your home. Baby proof all of the drawers in your home and stop worrying!
- You get 8 locks and 2 keys in a package
- Perfect for each room in the house
- These locks will help you secure those cabinets, drawers and other areas at home or in the kitchen that you want to keep them out of
- Nice and simple installation: No need to drill all those holes to install
- Keep your baby safe and make your life easier
EliteBaby Adjustable Child Safety Locks are something that will make your life easier and keep your baby safe. These baby proofing cabinet locks secure furniture, appliances, and doors to protect your child from harm in every room in your home. In the kitchen they will secure cabinet latches, drawer locks, refrigerator, freezer, dishwasher, microwave and a trash can.
If you have a laundry this way you can easily secure your washer, dryer or laundry hampers. We all know bathroom is very interesting to kids since they all love to play with water. Secure all of your drawers, cabinets, shower doors and of course- a toilet seat. If your bedroom space contains closets, desks or drawers- secure everything with these safety locks and worry no more.
The EliteBaby cabinet door locks are made of the best quality, completely non-toxic materials available, they have the longest adjustable length on the market, they are universal and can be installed anywhere and on anything, they're durable, flexible, and will hold up beautifully under heavy duty use. They are very easy to install in just a few seconds without any tools required. In this amazing set you will get a super value pack of 8 adjustable child safety straps with innovative push and slide design. You can now baby proof any drawer you want, keep your things secured and your baby safe!
- You get 8 safety drawer locks in a package
- Adaptable and easy to install and remove
- Made of non-toxic materials
- Can be used on both flat surfaces and corners
- Keep your baby safe and happy